Ditch chocolates for some time and try out these 9 lemon desserts
We have a keen perception that dessert equals chocolate. Have you ever thought of lemon desserts? Yes, lemon desserts. We all know the level of benefit lemons provide us during summer days. So, here’s a new way of consuming lemons. Ditch chocolates for some time and try out below mentioned nine lemon desserts.
- Lemon Cheesecake: A creamy and rich lemon cheesecake is all you need when your heart demands a tasty lemon dessert during your break from chocolates. This is basically a tart lemon curd topped over a crust of animal crackers. The crust is allowed to freeze after tossing the crackers for some time in hot melted butter. Then the cream cheese is whipped with sugar, lemon zest and liquid to give it a creamy and lemony flavour. It is then spread over the frozen crust and then allowed to freeze again for few hours. Your cheesecake is ready to be enjoyed.
- No-bake Lemon Coconut Truffles: Coconut enhances the taste of every dessert just by its presence. These no-bake coconut truffles are both healthy and tasty. They contain low carbs which let you enjoy your dessert without the fear of gaining calories. These are healthy desserts which are very easy to prepare. You can add sugar if you wish to. But even sugar-free lemon coconut truffles also taste as good as sugar ones.
- Lemon Mousse: Mousse never fails to win hearts. Coffee mousse, chocolate mousse, and various other types have been on our favourites list for a long time. Now let’s try out a little cranky and creamy dessert which we call lemon mousse. It’s tasty and even healthy in many ways. It boosts our immune system, increases digestion, and strengthens nails and hairs. It also adds up to our beauty by reducing waistline and improving skin elasticity.
- Lemon Tarts: Prepare smooth dough by mixing flour, baking powder, powdered sugar and few tablespoons of cold water. Roll the dough into a big round and cut out some smaller rounds from it. Press these rounds into tart shells and let them bake for some time. After it cools down, fill each of them with chilled lemon curd and serve. You can get a detailed recipe of lemon curd as well as that of lemon tarts on YouTube.
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting: Try out a little different but tasty version of cupcakes. These cupcakes are light, moist, airy and springy. It doesn’t take something special to prepare lemon cupcake batter. Just addition of lemon zest and few spoons of lemon juice do all the work. When you’re done with preparing cupcakes, you can have them. But if you can resist the temptation and add some more taste to it, go ahead to make the lemon frosting.
- Lemon Blueberry Cake: Lemon cake is itself enough to win hearts. But when blueberry flavour accompanies it, it can leave you in awe! It is a layered lemon cake whose each layer is divided by blueberries. The top is covered with cream cheese frosting. The lemon zest and blueberries increase the taste to a considerably high level. When you take a bite, bright flavours will burst into your mouth.
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies: Cookies bring a chocolaty feeling by default. But let’s try out a twisted recipe by adding a lemony flavour to cookies. As lemon is healthy, these cookies are also useful for your health. After trying this mouth-watering recipe, you’ll change your mind towards lemon forever. Make sure to eat these cookies warm, i.e., when you take them out from the microwave. They’ll melt in the mouth the moment you’ll have them. Their texture will attract you towards them. Try these crinkles and thank us later!
- Meyer Lemon Pie: You must have tried Choco pies, now try these lemon pies. Lemon pies are somewhat kind of lemon cheesecake. But this one is even tastier than lemon cheesecakes. The crust is made of crushed wafers, mixed with some sugar and salt. The filling is made up of whipped mixture of egg yolks, whole eggs and lemon juice. The compote can be of your choice. We prefer preparing compote of strawberries, vanilla beans and sugar.
- Lemon Ricotta Almond Cake: This cake is unique because of its ingredient and taste. The cake is flourless. Yes, you read it right! Its parts include unsalted butter, golden caster sugar, grated lemon zest, eggs, almonds, icing sugar, and vanilla pod. Get the whole recipe on YouTube and prepare it for your kids. They’ll surely love it.
We can even help you in saving money while purchasing ingredients for these recipes. Visit voucherbucket and get voucher codes which will offer you products at a discounted price!
Comments are closed.